Types and classification of lithium batteries, what are the types of 18650 lithium batteries? With the rapid development of Chinese society, the kinetic energy required by all mankind is gradually increasing. Rechargeable batteries are extremely important as a device that saves electrical energy by mechanical energy. appropriate. The 18650 lithium battery is known as the most common type of lithium-ion battery used in the manufacturing industry at this stage, and is generally a type of rechargeable battery model and specification managed by the battery industry. A little knowledge of lithium batteries is very useful.
1. Classification by positive and negative materials
1. Lithium cobalt oxide battery: its high specific energy makes lithium cobalt oxide a mobile phone. Due to the good molecular structure of the chemical element of lithium cobalt oxide, the battery structure is stable, the capacity ratio is high, and the overall performance is outstanding, but its safety is poor and the cost is very high. It is mainly used for small and medium-sized batteries and widely used in small notebook computers and smart phones. , MP3/4, small electronic devices such as laptop computers and digital cameras, the product performance is particularly stable, the charging and discharging rated power voltage has always been normal, the overall performance is outstanding, the standard voltage is often 3.7V,
2. Lithium manganese oxide battery: Lithium manganese oxide battery can be discharged at a current of 20-30A, and has a proper heat accumulation. A cathode material with low cost, safety and good low-temperature performance, but its material itself is not stable and easy to decompose to produce gas, so it is mostly used in combination with other materials to reduce the cost of the battery, but its cycle life decays quickly. It is prone to swelling, poor high-temperature performance, and relatively short life. It is mainly used for large and medium-sized batteries and power batteries. Its nominal voltage is 3.7V. Lithium manganese oxide is used in power tool accessories, medical equipment, and its hybrid vehicles and new energy vehicles.
3. Lithium iron phosphate rechargeable battery: Lithium phosphate has good electrochemical safety performance and low resistance. The energy density is high. If the manufacturer has good lamination technology, the capacity can be larger, which can achieve 185wh/kg. The safety performance is excellent. During the whole process of charging and discharging, the structure of the battery inside will not change much, and there will be no violent explosion. Even in unexpected situations such as short circuit, overcharge, and collision, it is still very safe.
First, according to the common classification of internal structure raw material lithium batteries
1. Lithium metal battery: Lithium metal battery is usually a rechargeable battery that uses manganese dioxide as the battery cathode material, metal lithium or its alloy steel metal as the anode material, and uses a non-aqueous electrolyte solution.
2. Lithium ion batteries: Lithium ion batteries are usually rechargeable batteries that use lithium alloy steel metal oxide as the battery’s positive electrode material, graphite material as the negative electrode material, and non-aqueous electrolyte.
3. Classified by shell material
The first type is the steel shell rechargeable battery. To put it bluntly, the shell is made of steel. Most manufacturers use steel as the battery shell material. Because of the physical stability of steel materials, the pressure resistance is much higher than that of aluminum shell materials. After the design structure of each manufacturer is optimized, the safety device has been placed inside the battery core. The safety of shell-and-pillar batteries has reached a new level
The second category, aluminum shell rechargeable batteries, the same reason the shell is made of aluminum. Aluminum shell rechargeable batteries are hard shell and soft shell. As for the positive electrode material, there are many kinds, depending on which one you like to use. Different materials are used in different places.
The third type, polymer lithium battery, the outer shell is a kind of high polymer raw materials, most of which are silver-white, but a few manufacturers make gray-black ones, which are called black skins by industry insiders. Mainly used in vehicle electronic products (GPS positioning tracker batteries, tire pressure detector batteries, driving recorder batteries), shared bicycles, solar energy storage lights, ultra-low temperature walkie-talkies, etc.
Post time: Jan-26-2021